All-Bin Flex Skirt
(Scroll through pictures above)
A constant problem now has a permanent solution!
Grain bins expand and contract with heat and cold, damaging any type of sealant applied. Tar, epoxy and foam are expensive fixes that don’t last. Inevitable cracks appear in these temporary “band-aids,” even acting as reservoirs to store the water, rot the grain and rust the bottom of the bin rings. Sealants are an expensive, labor intensive, counter-productive and temporary fix.
Bin owners now have a solution to this never-before solved problem. The Flex Skirt provides a dry zone that moves with the bin and protects your grain and base rings at all times.
Even bin owners with elevated floors utilize the Flex Skirt so their bin bottoms and interior spaces stay dry and rust free while keeping water and accompanying bugs flowing and congregating on the concrete base.
The All-Bin Flex Skirt is attached to the bin and slides over the concrete base and essential protective dam as the bin expands and contracts, providing constant protection. Our protective dam does not contact the moving bin, thereby maintaining dry conditions at the bin base at all times.
Quote will include:
- Flex skirting, corrugated and double seamed on top and bottom edges
- Splash Guard-Double seamed on top and bottom edges
- Fan Channel
- Splash Guard sealant
- Applicator molding guide
- Protective dam
- Food grade inspection doors/rodent control easily installed
- On-call tech help as needed
(Outside stiffener covers extra)
3 ways to obtain this protection for your bins…
- Buying new bin? Insist that your bin company install the All-Bin Flex Skirt as part of the package. If they don’t already offer this great product, ask them to call us and we’ll help them get started.
- Already own bins? Would you like to install the Flex Skirt with your own crew? Send us a quote request on our website to get started.
- Hire someone else to install the Flex Skirt. Contact your local bin sales company or serviceman and ask them to give you a bid.
* What do I need to provide to get a Flex Skirt price?
Each bin diameter, total number of bins and the number of bins with outside stiffeners are needed to quote your complete package. You can easily provide us with this information by filling out the quote form below.
* Does Moveit’s permanent fix Flex Skirt cost more than the custom foam or seal jobs?
Most custom seal coat jobs cost more than our Flex Skirt and are only temporary, often trapping water and causing even more rust and damage to the bin.
* What do I get with the All-Bin Flex Skirt?
Moveit provides all components required and instructions needed to install our Flex Skirt on your bins. Our patent-pending Foam Dam under the Flex Skirt has no contact with the bin and therefore isn’t susceptible to cracks and seal damage. The Flex Skirt, Splash Guard and Fan Channel are galvanized sheet metal and attach to the bin with self-tapping screws which are provided.
* If I have a lot of bins or combine orders with my neighbor, do I get a discount?
Bin diameter can be found by measuring from the center of the bin to the bin wall and multiplying by 2. To find length of skirt needed, multiply each bin diameter by 3.22. Add all lengths together to find total length. Economy of scale—Combine with your neighbors for savings on 500 feet or more. Combined orders must be made and paid for as one order with one shipping destination.
* Are there extra items not included in Flex Skirt package?
Stiffener covers are extra but only needed if your bins have outside stiffeners. Rodent control/food grade inspection doors are available, not expensive & easily installed.
* How long does it take if I install the Flex Skirt myself?
Flex Skirt installation time varies by size and configuration of bin — Two workers can usually install a Flex Skirt package on a 34’ bin without outside stiffeners in less than 4 hours. Outside stiffener bins take slightly longer.
* Do I need tools to install the Flex Skirt?
Yes, a few tools are needed—cordless drill, 5/16” nut driver, cinch or tie-down strap for skirt installation. A small 1″-2″ brush or dauber for sealant above splash guard. Depending on the bin, an angle grinder & cutoff (skinny) wheel may be needed for alterations. Old tar and sealants must be removed 2”-3” and outward from bin wall. Concrete must be clean and bare but doesn’t have to be dry.
* How is the Flex Skirt shipped?
For small orders, Fed Ex Ground. Larger orders shipped LTL (Less Than Truckload) motor freight. Each order will receive individual rolls of 50’ corrugated Flex Skirt combined for preferred handling plus extra skirt lengths to fill your order.
* Do I have to have anything special at my location to receive order?
For LTL orders, forklift or loading dock must be at destination location or freight company has additional charges.
* How can I get a quick quote?
Online quotation request will help expedite orders. We would prefer that you use this website to communicate with us. We are very busy taking care of orders and customers. Soon after you submit a quote request, we will contact you by phone to answer any questions and fill your order. We would prefer to be paid by check (which can be arranged when we call with your quote) but we also accept credit cards with a 3% charge.
For printable PDF, click on: Bin Skirt Info
US and Canadian patents pending
Economy of scale. Just as farming 5,000 acres costs less per acre than farming 200, combining skirt orders with your neighbors will give you substantial quantity discounts and much better freight rates.
For a quote, enter info for first bin, hit red ADD BIN button and enter next bin, continuing until finished.