A funny yet factual account of how to get the most difficult jobs done while farming, tire busting, propane pumping, or staying married!
This is also the story of the guy who dreams up Moveit’s products. Be entertained and enthralled by the almost 300 true stories containing 523 pages of Recovering Idiot. Some readers have said it’s the funniest book they’ve ever read.
A few endorsements and reviews…
- Mother of six and wife of NBA star Danny Ainge, Michelle Ainge “Ben’s book was a fun read! I like hearing people’s stories and his is a crazy one. His antics made me laugh out loud and exhausted me.”
- Early sub-4 minute miler Greg Gibson: “You will cry from laughing so hard.”
- Former Mt. Home ID Air Force Base Commander andF-15 pilot Lt. Col. Brandon Mackay: “This book is unbelievably true! Casper has cheated death more than any other pilot I’ve known.”
- Holder of 19 Arm Wrestling World Championships Steve Phipps: “I highly recommend Recovering Idiot. Enjoy the adventure!”
- National Intercollegiate Rodeo Steer Wrestling Champion Tom Clyde: “I loved Recovering Idiot and highly recommend it. Filled with wit and humor that brings you to tears, it is very entertaining and one of those reads you cannot put down.
- Internationally acclaimed concert pianist Stephen Beus: “Equal parts entertaining and horrifying. After reading this book, I wasn’t sure whether I should laugh or cry A great read!”
- Nuclear Physicist David Ottley: This book is scientific, albeit anecdotal, proof that Darwin’s theory of natural selection is incorrect. If Darwinism were true, Ben would have been eliminated from the gene pool long ago.
- SE PE, Missile Guidance Engineer William York: “I thoroughly enjoyed reading Recovering Idiot! It’s fun to read, well-written and shows what crazy adventures lie ahead if we believe in ourselves and don’t overthink the problems.”
- German Baptist mother of six Heidi Young: “Coming from a conservative background without many of the modern entertainment inventions in our home, our boys have spent hours reading and rereading Recovering Idiot.
- Former NFL player and owner of Fountain Bookstores Ben Archibald: “After 11 years playing professional football, I’ve known some real characters! Ben is one of the craziest. This book will open your eyes to a whole new way of life. Recovering Idiot weaves the most idiotic decisions in life into a wonderful read that will lighten your heart and bring new appreciation to having common sense!”
- From Ben’s seven friends…
- Kyle Huwe: “I laughed so hard tears were running down my leg!”
- Sonja Hansen: “We’ve been waiting 60 years for this.”
- Scot Haws: “I see no signs of recovery.”
- Brianne Huwe: “A great experience…I laughed to the point of tears!”
- Kola Robinson: “Funniest book I’ve ever read.”
- Taig Stewart: “I laughed and laughed and then laughed some more.”
- Matt Wood: “Ben has a real winner on his hands.
- Gave me lots of laughs in rough seas. Tyler M, USS Carrier George Washington
- I laughed until tears ran down my leg. Kyle H, Naches, WA
- I enjoyed reading this book. One of the funniest I have read since Patrick McManus. I am amazed that Ben has survived to write this story of his life. He also mentions the faith that has kept him going over these years. Allen Alder
- Very entertaining! I absolutely think this book should be made into a movie. No one would believe that the things happening are true. If you are looking for something different and truly entertaining I recommend this book. It will give you a hilarious perspective on life. Amazon Customer
- Great book once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. Thank you, Ben for sharing your adventures Kris Turner
- Quite a story! Can’t believe Ben is still alive to tell about it. Sure kept my attention and he sure knows how to tell a story. Terry Jolley
- I met Ben through a phone business deal and knew immediately he was a character, little did I know he was the main TRUE character of his soon to be released book. Once released I had to have it. I don’t have much time to read but came back to it again and again when I needed a laugh or a OH MY GOSH how is this man alive! It is worth the money and time…Thanks Ben for sharing your life. Lisa
- This is the most amusing read I’ve encountered in a long time. This guy has packed more into his life than ten normal people! He has covered a lot of ground. Anybody who grew up in a large family or in the country will relate to his experiences. Throughout I was reminded of Teddy Roosevelt’s famous line about the value of stepping into the ring, win or lose. Well, Casper has been in the ring! It was a genuinely fund and entertaining read. Highly recommended. Ivan Hobo
- Fantastic read! Karyn Bloxham
- I’m pretty sure I did damage to my body from laughing so hard. More than once. Casper is a colorful writer, to say the least. I do not recommend reading this in a public place, lest you make a fool of yourself with random, uncontrollable bursts of laughter. His exploits remind me of another favorite writer — Patrick McManus. Their exploits are somewhat similar, and the resulting laughter is good for the soul. I have a shelf full of McManus, and I hope Casper lives to fill another shelf of favorites. Catmom
- This is an incredibly entertaining read. It reads easy and fast even though it is over 500 pages. The real life experiences draw you in and make you feel as if you are there. You find yourself rubbing your head, elbows, knees and hands, etc. as if you feel the pain from so many physical encounters with gravity and other objects in motion. Behind the nearly constant laughter there are some powerful poigiant episodes of tenderness, genuineness, and heart-felt love among fellow travelers. The willingness of a man to refuse to be defeated and to try again and again in the face of insurmountable odds and repeated failure is a testament to the principles of determination, perseverance, industry, ingenuity and endurance. For these reasons the book is not only interesting and entertaining but equally inspiring and instructive of the human will. Amazon Customer
- This book was awesome!! I couldn’t put it down. Ben is a great story teller. How could one guy get into so many crazy situations? Dianne Smith
- Just finished reading Recovering Idiot. It has been so fun to read! I loved every chapter! I looked forward to any spare time I had so I could sit and read about Ben’s adventures….I think everything Ben does turns into an adventure of sorts. This is a great book that every reader will enjoy and also gain a greater understanding of miracles, love & forgiveness. KF
- This book was the most fun I’ve had since reading Mad magazine as a kid! I laughed and laughed and laughed and then laughed some more. I ordered it after a recommendation from my mom and wasn’t sure what to expect. Then I started reading and was absolutely transfixed from page one. Casper is not only an accomplished and hilarious storyteller but he’s actually a hell of a writer too. With as many lives as he has I should think we’ll have the opportunity of hearing from him and about his exploits for a very long time! Taig
523 pages that are read and often reread. https://recoveringidiot.com/shop/